I ♥ Map

11 May 2011

I love map. I am obsessed with maps.

My first encounter with maps was in 1994; when my father bought a new edition of “Singapore Street Directory”. A casual flip got me curious over the shapes, symbols and colour coding; and I started exploring the book. I asked my father many questions about the book, how an area looks like in reality and pestered him to bring me there. Through the process, I fell in love with the book. I was so obsessed with the book that it became mine.

From then onwards, I started collecting, researching and interpreting maps and Singapore development history. I also started predicting and drawing maps. Some topics I drew include plans of new towns, future MRT lines, electoral boundaries... etc.

For the next 16 years, maps have integrated into almost every aspects of my life. It is very personal to me.


(extracted from my final year project "M.a.p.")

I ♥ Map   © 文彬 2004~2018. All rights reserved.