Tengah: History

11 November 2011

Hong Kah Village
Hong Kah is located off Jurong Road. Hong Kah Village was one of the last kampongs in Singapore; only being resettled in 2004.

In 1851, the villagers of Hong Kah Village, with assistance of their church priests refused to pay protection money. Over 500 Chinese died in the week long disturbance.

Tengah New Town
Vacant land at Hong Kah and Tengah are set aside for a new town in the future.

Labels:

Tengah: History   © 文彬 2004~2012. All rights reserved.